Federal Lands should remain under control of the Federal Government because -
· The State of Utah cannot afford to administer these lands without significant increases in state taxes.
· The Federal Government wants to preserve lands in our and other states for future generations. Pockets of protected natural beauty are already growing scarcer while being exploited by privately held companies that give little or nothing back to the surrounding communities.
· The Grand County council should continue to partner with the BLM and the Forest Service to ensure responsible federal land stewardship.
· Unnecessary. Costly. Contributing nothing to the community and would saddle the County with exorbitant maintenance expenses.
SPECIAL USE PERMITS
· Grand County should review special use permit applications more closely as it is not necessary to approve every application presented. We can work more closely with the City of Moab to decrease the disruption of life around the public parks by re-locating some events to the Old Spanish Trail Arena, an underused facility that is more appropriate location for some events.
SPECIAL SERVICE DISTRICTS
· The Grand County Council should review all Special Service Districts and dismantle any that serve no purpose, consolidate those that over-lap and take more responsibility in monitoring the activities of all the Special Service Districts in the County.
TRAFFIC, NOISE, OFF ROAD VEHICLES AND SAFETY
· Grand County should continue working closely with the City of Moab and the State of Utah to solve our traffic problems via lower speed limits in highly populated and trafficked areas and enforcing parking restrictions at trailheads and backroad accesses.
· Review and enforce noise ordinances.
· Work with the State of Utah to have OHV inspections requiring noise level maximums.